“If we get married in México, is it considered legal in our own country?”
The "Acta de Matrimonio" (your proof-of-marriage certificate) is recognized by the United States, Canada, France, England, Scotland, Ireland, Germany and many other countries.
“What is needed to have a civil (legal) wedding?”
The requirement documents for a civil marriage for foreigners in Isla Mujeres are:
- A valid passport.
- A certified copy of your Birth Certificate (with the Apositille Seal).
- Photo ID (i.e. driver´s license).
- 4 witnesses with passports.
- Your tourist card (entry visa)
- Blood test results (can be obtained on Isla)
- Completed Civil Marriage form
“What is the difference between a Civil Wedding and a Spiritual Ceremony?”
Only a mexican civil wedding is considered legal. A spiritual wedding is a ceremony to reaffirm your commitment to your spouse.
“What is needed to have a Spiritual Ceremony?”
Just you and your spouse.